This article is a complete guide for recording a voice-over. If you have some questions and don’t know How to record a voiceover, please follow the instructions in this article. We will tell you the whole A-Z procedure, the necessary equipment, and the best programs or software in this article.
- The choice of equipment for recording a voice over
- Programs or software for recording
- Some useful advice
1. Choosing equipment for voice recording
- Rode NT1A
- AKG C414 XLS
- Marshall Electronics MXL 770
Many ready-made set of equipment of voice recordings is also available in the markets nowadays. For example, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 studio includes a sound card with a microphone and headphones.
2. Voice Recording Software or Program
3. Speaker Voice Recording Tips
If you want to record a high-quality voice for your video tutorials and podcasts, here are some essential and useful tips, which you should follow like rules.
- Acquire only high-quality equipment and a high-quality program or software. You are surely able to do that by reading the above portion of the article carefully.
- Always take care of unwanted and unnecessary voice such as voices of doors or pc parts like fan and cooler. The position of the microphone is essential for removing this problem. It would be best if you always positioned your microphone in such a way that it cannot pick any unwanted voices.
- We are highly recommending the use of a mic holder. The mic holder will enable you to give any direction to the mic. You can use any mic holder, such as a spider.
- When you are pronouncing consonants, there are very high chances of airflow in the microphone. You should use a pop filter to protect the mic against this unwanted airflow.
- Always choose the best direction for the microphone. Record voice at different angles and set the mic at that angle where it produces a high-quality sound.
- Adjustment the distance of the microphone properly.
When you apply these tips while voice recording, we promise you that you will obtain high-quality sound results, you will get a refreshing and professional voice without any arrangements and expensive equipment. Always remember that a sound recording will produce better results during processing.